Monday 22 March 2010

What a weekend.....

it was the most painful ever - seriously, more painful than giving birth.
I got up nice and early on Saturday morning, I like the early morning quiet, the peacefulness and calm before the children wake up and stamp all over the day! I wanted to teach myself how to use the washi digital frames that I bought a couple of weeks ago from Danielle over at Kitschy Digital. It took me ages to work out how to layer the images in photoshop but eventually I mastered it and then it wouldn't upload to my blog - how annoyed was I??!! Anyway by this time said children were up and about so I escaped back to my bedroom to try and get the photo to upload, in my annoyance I bent down awkwardly and did my back in - don't laugh I was stuck, much to Mr. G's amusement, bent over the bed like a cardboard cut out! Really I couldn't move, Mr. G was hysterical until he saw the tears rolling down my face and realised I wasn't joking. To cut a long story short I have been like an invalid all weekend in complete and utter agony with the poor kids having to help me get things from low down and Mr. G getting things from high up! The weekend has sailed away amidst a fog of painkillers interspersed by 'Esau De Heatrub' - fantastic.

Thankfully Monday has seen an easing of the back problem and a clearing of the head which has allowed me to work out why the photo's would not upload - I'd saved them in the wrong format. D'Oh! So at last here are a couple of pictures that I have put into frames just for practice and not sewing related at all!


This is 'Little Miss H' trying not to pose, see that slight smile trying to win its way through?


And this is 'Little Miss H' looking rather glum at having just been invested into Rainbows! Really she loves going!


Now onto the more serious stuff of crafting, having currently lost my sewing mojo - I'm not the only one it seems from the blogs I read.....this weekend I have been taught how to crochet by my mummy - why she waited until I was 33 I have no idea! I bought a crochet taster kit from over at Blueberry Park a few weeks ago (a great place for handmade and unusual gifts - I just keep buying for myself!) which my mum helped me to get started with this weekend. I have now made two, yes two lovely crochet corsages.

They are pictured above on a lovely fabric from Jennifer Moore's Mingle Circle collection in the Summer colourway. I'm really pleased with the corsages and just need to sew brooch bars onto the backs. I'm also deliberating whether to add some lovely ribbon and turn them into rosette style corsages or add some knitted leaves? Let me know what you think in the comments please!

5 comments:

  1. Your corsages are so cute! I like the idea of adding leaves. Glad to hear your feeling a little better, what a way to bring the weekend to a dead stop . Feel better and I hope you get your sewing mojo back1

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you learning to crochet, they look great! Thanks for popping by and joining in my giveaway. :)
    Vivienne x
    P.S. Hope the backs better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear about your back, my other half suffers from 2 slipped discs and I know how horrid it is.

    Love the crochet, well done you, I have been promising myself for years that I'll learn but I never make the time. I like the idea of leaves as well.

    hope your mojo returns! Bx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks guys for the comments, leaves it is then I just need to figure out how to do them!! I really am hoping my sewing mojo returns pretty sharp as I've decided I think to make my own wedding dress.....mmmmm!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry to hear about your back - I can totally sympathise :( Not nice!
    Thanks for the comment and please do stop and say hello on Saturday! :)
    Manda

    TreeFall Design

    ReplyDelete

Well hello and thanks so much for commenting! It's lovely to hear from you, Justine xx

 
Blogging tips