Thursday 30 December 2010

2010 - 2011

Wow it feels strange doing a look back over the year but as I'm back at work tomorrow and will be working on New Years day too, I need to do this post today!

This year has been an exciting one for me! I started this little blog of mine back in February and it's gone from strength to strength. The friends that I have made in this great community of ours is unbelievable, I love reading and commenting on blogs and the inspiration I get from each of you is priceless.

Here are a few snaps of the sewing that I have completed this year::


And here is a shot of some projects I intend to tackle in 2011::


For me 2011 is going to be more about quilting. I've decided not to partake in as many swaps and to really concentrate on churning out some quilts that I love. I've been preparing for this change in direction for the last couple of months and have got some of my favourite fabric lines all stashed and ready to go!

I'm planning on attending more Grey Circles Workshops run by the lovely Karen & Manda as well as going on at least one quilting retreat this year! I've also booked the 11-14th August off work so I can head down to Birmingham for the Festival Of Quilts. Phew! Big plans, just hope I can pull them off!

This year also saw lots happening in our family, the first being at last 'Mr. G' and I tied the knot!!


We had a great time in Florida with all our closest family, it was brilliant!


I took the plunge into the addictive world of Blythe::




I bought this Candy Carnival whom we named Boo! Since then I've acquired 3 more girls who I really need to photograph, another post maybe!

The little people have really grown both in the literal sense and in their personalities. 'Master M' really shocked us when he announced he wanted his locks cutting off just before Christmas!


And 'Little Miss H' well what can I say?! She is constant source of worry and amusement all at the same time! Moving her schools seems to have been the right choice, even though it was distressing for me, she seems to love it. My 'Little Miss H' appears happier, louder, more vocal, her speech is better and she just loves going on the school bus each morning!! No longer a stressed out, teary, quiet child - hooray!!


Finally, in terms of my personal life there are just a couple of wishes for 2011. 

I really need to lose some weight and I really want another baby! Mmmm, those wishes are a bit contradictory aren't they?? After miscarrying in late November though it really highlighted how much we both wanted another Henshaw around the place!

So here's looking forward to a crafty, productive 2011 with lots of quilts made and even more good times with my great family!

Wishing you all a very Happy, Peaceful and Prosperous New Year!

13 comments:

  1. Looking forward to seeing your new quilting projects :-)
    May 2011 bring all that you wished for Justine!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best of luck with all your wishes for 2011 Justine, I hope they all come true!
    Regarding your beautiful wedding dress, it is the EXACT one I was going to get til they sold out in my size! (my 2011 aim is to lose weight to get into the dress I have since bought!!)
    love BH x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Year Justine, I hope you get all you wish for! :)
    Vivienne x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow what a great post - I love the mosaics of last year and especially your plans for next year - looking forward to seeing them developing. I really hope you get ALL your wishes for next year too.
    Last Jan I wanted to lose weight so combined my favourite thing (fabric) with my least favourite thing (dieting) to make the Fabric Diet. I lost 1.5 stones with WW and kept it off, I am going to be doing it again this January and hoping to lose another 1.5 stones.
    One last thing - I am hoping to go to Festival of Quilts too - maybe we could meet up. I went on my own last year and whilst it was fun, it would have been great to have someone to have coffee with and ooh and ahh over things!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely post - wonderful memories and lots to look forward to in the coming year - all the best to you in 2011!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I only just found out you have a blog! I was immediately brought up to date with this End of Year post though! :) Wishing you and yours a very happy 2011! & Good luck on your "fabric" diet! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy New Year Justine. Hope all your wishes for 2011 come true. I have loved reading your blog and can't wait to see your quilts next year. I'm hoping to have a go at free style machine embroidery next year as want to go off in a slightly new direction too. Its very exciting! I love the fact you have booked in for some courses and for the festival of quilts. Looking forward to hearing all about them. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy New Year Justine! I really hope that 2011 brings you everything you want! And so pleased to hear that we'll be getting to see some more of you!
    Manda x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just noticed we share the same wedding anniversary! Wishing you all your hopes and dreams in 2011. Betty x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy New Year Justine ! Your blog layout looks brill, how do you make the photo mosaics, is there actually a gadget on blogger to do it ? Help...

    ReplyDelete
  11. All the best for a wonderful 2011. One of my wishes looks rather similar to yours! (and that's not a Kindle which I'm hoping I'll be lucky enough to get for my birthday!).
    I was really pleased to read that H's schooling seems to be going well - hope that continues.
    I love your new blog layout.
    Juliex

    ReplyDelete
  12. Best wishes to you and yours for 2011 xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy New Year Justine! I do hope all your wishes come true. Bethxx

    ReplyDelete

Well hello and thanks so much for commenting! It's lovely to hear from you, Justine xx

 
Blogging tips