Tuesday 28 December 2010

Christmas 2010

Merry Christmas to you all - I hope you had a really great day!

We had one of the best yet I think. The highlight of which was the whole family partaking in Glee Karaoke and Michael Jackson dancing on the Wii!! Hilarious. I kid you not!


This was the pile of presents under our tree on Christmas morning! There were lots as you can see!! Santa went a bit mad again - I blame the grandparents!!


I managed to make 'Master M' a Christmas stocking on Christmas Eve but unfortunately ran out of time to make 'Little Miss H' one! She used the one I made myself earlier in December and I'm going to whip her one up early in November 2011, I've diarised it you know!! I'll make 'Mr. G's' at the same time in a blue Treefall design stylie!


Can you see the gorgeous linen mice peeking out of the top of the stockings? Well they're from Beth who works under the name 'The Linen Cat'. Those who have been reading my blog for a while will know just how much I adore her work, we have several of her pieces and I can't wait to see what 2011 brings from her. If you don't know her work or blog already, I encourage you to check her out!!


Finally I'd like to show you the last of my finished hand made presents, everything I gave that was hand made went down a storm and I'll be doing it again next year for sure! 


Here's my Nan's lap quilt::



My Nan loved it! Bless her she'd bought a slankie blanket thingy that was huge on her (she's shrinking bless her, well she is 91!) So she loved this quilt for  snuggling under when watching TV,after we'd explained what it was!!!!

Anyway I want to point out that if it was not for the lovely I'm a Ginger Monkey, this quilt may not have been finished. My binding needs more practice and because I needed it to be perfect, Katy invited me to her house so she could help me/teach me/sew the binding on for me! I am eternally grateful and my little ones loved playing at her house with her youngest and keep asking to go back!

Now this lovely travel wallet I made for the little peoples childminder. I used the tutorial on the Seamstar blog and it turned out great! 


I made this because Lindsay is hopefully, fingers crossed, going to New York today to see one of her daughters get married at the Empire State building on New Years Eve. I do so hope that they can fly and that the wedding isn't cancelled. Fingers Crossed.

So before we see the New Year in, I plan another post looking forwards and back at my sewing achievements and plans for 2011. I'm hoping to tweek the blog a little (again) and streamline it somewhat. 

PS: If you're in need of a fabric fix, check out the great giveaway over at Retro Mummy

 

5 comments:

  1. Hi Justine,
    Hope you have a very Happy New Year!
    BH x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What perfect hand-made gifts - those stockings look much quicker to make than the cross-stitch ones that I've been doing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad to read that you had a lovely Christmas, Glee Karaoke and Michael Jackson dancing on the Wii sounds great fun. Big thanks for showing my mice (in your lovely stockings, which look great by the way, beautiful colour combos), it's so appreciated. Have a fabulous 2011! Bethx

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you had a lovely Christmas Justine!
    Love all your makes, they look great!!
    Vivienne x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad to hear you had a lovely Christmas. I love your handmade gifts (esp3cially the travel wallet) and love the blog look.

    ReplyDelete

Well hello and thanks so much for commenting! It's lovely to hear from you, Justine xx

 
Blogging tips