Tuesday 14 December 2010

Lots of lovely sewing!

Lovely sewing is becoming a bit of recurrent theme on here of late! Thank the lord because that's why I started this little old blog of mine!!!!

So Saturday gone saw me spending the most lovely, relaxing, fabric filled sewtastic day with some bloggy friends (old and new) of mine! I attended a Grey Circles workshop hosted by Karen and Manda, at Karen's lovely home. There were just three of us who attended, Judi, Crissy and myself which made for a very relaxed affair, just right for a Saturday!

During the workshop we made beautiful Christmas stockings Treefall Design stylie, here's mine::




We had a lovely lunch of homemade soups with bread and cheese and lots of coffee and cake! The afternoon session saw us mastering the insertion of zips and producing lovely zipped pouches::




We got to bring home our wares and the girls also gave us a kit to make another pouch at home. 


There were lovely Fat Quarters for sale that had been supplied by Saints and Pinner, I treated myself to a Cloud 9 print that I'd been admiring! Manda had also got scrap packs for sale in red and blue so I grabbed one of each! I'm going to make Mr.G a Christmas stocking from the blues.


Please check out Karen's, Manda's and Judi's reviews of the fabby day! Grey Circles are planning more workshops with details being released in the New Year so keep your eye's firmly peeled here for more details!!


Finally for today I wanted to show you these great handmade labels I ordered from Michele. 


I'm going to use them on my quilts in 2011! You can find Michele here, here and here!

3 comments:

  1. What a lovely time you had. workshops are the best way to learn and it's so good to bring something home that you have created for yourself. Have a wonderful Christmas Justine. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great thing to do! Love your sewing work. Also a great fan of Saints and Pinners, and have used alot of their fabric. I too have recently been sewing zippered pouches and had a month of doing nothing else...giving them away as lots of xmas presents!! B:)www.hazelandbluehandmade.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. What's up, its good piece of writing on the topic of media print, we all understand media is a enormous source of facts.

    Also visit my blog post; jackpot 6000 online free - wiki.popdata.bc.ca -

    ReplyDelete

Well hello and thanks so much for commenting! It's lovely to hear from you, Justine xx

 
Blogging tips