Wednesday 6 April 2011

This, That & The Other

There's not been that much sewing going on around here this last couple of weeks, I really feel like I've lost my mojo. I don't like the feeling of not being able to be bothered to sew - I've even gone so far as getting my trusty machine out and still nothing. I'm putting it down to grief and the stress from work (which has been awful this last couple of weeks, on top of the grief and emotions I'm still trying to work out after my friend died)
.
Anyhow today I felt much brighter and am going to sew this evening when the little people are asleep. To show you that I haven't completely lost the plot here are a few snaps of what I've been up to::



'Master M' and I are really getting into this baking business. We've baked every week for the last month, I even had to buy new cake tins to store it all in!


From the same shop I also bought this lovely jug::


It's a local shop and is just great for shabby chic styled home goods, I get lots of goodies there!! On the spending front I also seem to have acquired some more stash::


This little lot are from Fabric Rehab which is really good for quirky prints and japanese stuff. From the bottom is: Little Red Robot from Kokka, Vintage Sewing Patch, a linen/cotton mix again from Kokka and the top two are just so cute! They are from a Moda collection called Max & Whiskers and I love them! I love them so much I just ordered more in a different colourway!!



This little lot is mainly from Fabric Worm, USA. The Hello Kitty is to die for and was bought to back a quilt I'm making for my neice and the FQ stack is Robotics by Ingrid Slyder which I got to use in a quilt for 'Master M'. The final fabric is called Happy Hills and is from Fabric Rehab, I just thought this was cute!!

I've also been making good progress with this::


The back of my tank top is nearly complete. I'd never have dreamed in a million years I could knit but thanks to Helen who owns my LYS - I can!! Even better I'm meeting the girls who were on the beginners knitting course with me, at said yarn shop for a knit and a natter over coffee tomorrow morning - perfect!!

Finally I just wanted to mention a couple of important charity things that are happening out in blogland. Firstly there is Modern Relief:: 




This has been organised by some wonderfully talented quilters who have got together to raffle off a huge amount of quilts for the disaster efforts in Japan. It's a great opportunity to donate to a very needy cause and be in with the chance of winning an amazing quilt too! Please click on the icon to find out more and to buy your ticket.

My lovely friend Louise over at Sew Scrumptious is also coordinating efforts for a charity who deliver handmade pillowcase dresses for little girls living in poverty around the world. Basically we just need to use some of our silly amounts of fabric stash to make a simple yet beautiful dress for a little girl in need. Again please click on the link to take you to Louise's blog where you can find out more and hopefully sign up!


Girls in Haiti wearing their new dresses! Photo from dressagirlaroundtheworld.com


 
 
 

8 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for the mention and link. Thats fab! I am so excited to see what everyone makes. I have some serious fabric envy going on. How gorgeous is that Hello Kitty fabric? I can't look at the fabric worm website. There are just too many gorgeous fabrics!! Sorry to hear about your sewing mojo. I've had spells like that but it always comes back eventually!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry Justine about your bereavement - have just been catching up on older posts. I have been there myself - it's often harder for those left behind isn't it. You are being very cheery and positive. Betty x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sure your mojo will come back, you've had lots to deal with of late. The cakes look lovely x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Justine,

    Your Mojo will return, you just need a break. And that can be a good thing you know! Other areas of your life are calling for all your attention at the moment. Take some time and spend it on that then once you are feeling better then you will come back to the sewing with renewed vigour!

    And your baking looks pretty awesome! Arrgghhh I am trying so hard not to bake at the moment but it is a toughie!

    Hope the sun is shining for you today!

    Vanessa xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. It doesn't look like you've lost your mojo to me! Baking and knitting on top of everything else - give yourself a pat on the back.
    I've just ordered some Max and Whiskers too - isn't there just something about that print!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sorry to hear of your sadness. I think with sewing we all lose our mojo from time to time i dont think thats a bad thing its great when it suddenly blasts back into life and all the ideas that come with it. Be gentle on your self. Those cakes look yummy, i have to have a baking session tonight after work as my son needs to take cakes to school for his easter fair. You have some lovely fabrics there to ;-) Take care, dee x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Justine
    Was lovely to meet you today and your blog is fab - such lovely pics, cute kids and cute fabric as well - am off to check out some of your fabric links now!
    Take care
    Alison from Woolly Minded

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hate loosing my sewing mojo, you have good reason and with stress at work along with the loss of a friend I can see why sewing is the last thing on your list. It's hard to get going again once you stop, I usually try a few 'fun' quick projects to swing me back into it but it looks like you've been very creative in the kitchen instead. Hope you get your mojo back soon and that work eases off a little. Bethxx

    ReplyDelete

Well hello and thanks so much for commenting! It's lovely to hear from you, Justine xx

 
Blogging tips