Tuesday 24 May 2011

this, that & the other

What a busy few days I seem to have just had! So much for getting in some sewing time! 

The little bit of sewing that I have managed is:



This is what I've made up so far from the 'Little Apples' package that Katy brought me back from quilt market, I'm hoping to get this finished by the weekend and below is the layout of the baby quilt I'm making for my friend's surprise baby boy! 




If you remember I was waiting on the solids to arrive so I could get the layout, the quilt will be the full width of fabric from the bolt, backed in grey and bound in the green. Bold and bright, just the way I like it!

Over the weekend we were really busy with family time which is always good. We headed to Harewood House again on Sunday for the Kite Festival - it was soooo windy, perfect for flying kites.




Here are 'Little Miss H' and 'Master M' rolling down the grass banking, always good fun!


Squeeling with delight at feeding the ducks!


Playing in the adventure playground.


This was a rare smile from the little lady! She hates the wind and it was very windy, so windy I couldn't even capture the kites flying!!


And my fave picture from the day of my boy. Did you run your hands across railings as a child? I know I did!


On a sad note now we lost both our bunnies yesterday. I found Troy dead in the cage and Roger was in a real bad way, he had to be put to sleep when we got him to the vets. Here's a gorgeous picture of him shortly after he passed



It looks like some awful viral thing had got to them over the weekend, it really is very sad and the kids and I are feeling it, the bunnies were such a part of our lives.


Tomorrow sees a girly day of sewing with my fab friends Katy, Mandy & Lynne - to say I can't wait would be an understatement!

5 comments:

  1. Oh no, RIP Roger, my condolences. we always had bunny rabbits in my family as pets and it was so sad when one died.

    I love your blocks by the way, lovely fabric choices. would be great if we all could get together some time. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. so sorry to hear about your rabbits. Hope the children didn't take it too hard.
    Gillx

    ReplyDelete
  3. aww poor bunnies.
    Love what you've got going on there with the strips and Little apples. Hopefully there will be some excellent sewing moments soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so sorry about your bunnies, how tragic to lose them both like that.

    Both of your quilt projects are really sweet. I know you girls are going to have a wonderful day together tomorrow at Lynne's!! I'll be listening for the cackling!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry to read about the bunnies, I wont have them for the boys as there's such a bad myxomatosis problem around here and I've heard the vaccines don't always work. Lovely to see the kids having fun outdoors! Bethx

    ReplyDelete

Well hello and thanks so much for commenting! It's lovely to hear from you, Justine xx

 
Blogging tips